Mark items as 'actionable'

Hello. On my lists some items are ‘tasks’ that require further action and other are merely ‘informational’. By now, I’m marking all the ‘actionable’ tasks as ^asap so I can filter them easily with the due tasks. Sometimes I also use the label #todo. Is there any better way of doing that? Neither of the two methods works with the progress counter.
It would be great if any item could be marked as ‘actionable’, and be taken into account for the progress counter and effort estimations.

Regards.

1 Like

Hello @acarrillo,

Thanks for sharing your idea. This feature is not implemented yet, but we consider making progress counter configurable in a way that only items marked with checkboxes are included into progress counter.
This should probably be an option when enabling progress counter feature.

A corresponding request in the Uservoice is here, please vote/watch: https://checkvist.uservoice.com/forums/2121-checkvist-web/suggestions/14002950-progress-bar-setting-specify-which-tasks-to-track

Thanks again,

It would be great. I think that also will be useful if we could search by filtefing the ‘items with checkboxes’ so we could get an ‘actionable items’ view.

Regards.

1 Like

Did you try invalidated tasks for your “informational” purposes? Those are not counted and can be styled differently.

I think I could make it with invalidated and some custom CSS, but the I’ll lose the abilty to invalidate tasks.