Checkvist Manifesto 2022

Last year we had to cut on so many plans in Checkvist development it feels we need to start afresh on what we are going to do now. If you were asking yourself what to expect from Checkvist, here’s the vision for 2022

• We add value, not pricing - current pricing and freemium model stay the same.
  • We work for love. Money, business and market are less important than engagement and happiness - for ourselves as much as for our customers.
  • We are happy to keep the day jobs, as it’s love, too.
  • Our tool should operate robustly even if we get distracted by unexpected issues (like in 2021, which was very hard on our family).
  • Minimalist, intelligent, keyboard-operated web tools remain our goal and guiding light we profess.

What can you look forward to this year?

Prepare for a richer multi-functional Shift-Shift window, a new UI, a more versatile and faster search, and whatever else you will convince us to do :slightly_smiling_face:

Onwards!

8 Likes

I’m not sure if it’s time to specifics, but could this include a Kanban view?

Thanks for such a great tool!!

1 Like

Thanks, @Francisco_Barros!

We haven’t decided on exact scope of UI changes. We’d like to make UI more minimalistic and fast (think Zen mode), and simplify navigation at the same time. We remember about this discussion of Kanban view, maybe we’ll find resources to add it, too.

Thanks again,

Thank you for all that you do.

I had a think about this and I am largely satisfied by what you have currently.

Wishing you all the best of luck for 2022!

1 Like

Sounds good for 2022. And glad you managed 2021, though it sounded like it still casts shadows.

If there were one (presumably tiny) thing I could convince you to do, that would be a quick way to get rid of the internal “sent via mail” tag/status. I haven’t met another thing in Checkvist that costs me so many “unproductive keystrokes.”

Thanks for the 2022 manifesto, and best wishes for the year.

2 Likes

Thanks, @Ralf, your request is noted and stored.

All the best in 2022!

I came across a way to get rid of the “senr via email” tag with a CSS command - I can’t remember where I saw it, but looking at my CSS customizations, I think it’s:

.userContent .fa-envelope {
display: none;
}

2 Likes

The new within-list navigation feature is terrific.

I have sometimes split long lists that I otherwise wouldn’t have, just because navigation & item movement sometimes was a bit more convenient between lists than within a long list. This fixes that.

Thanks.

1 Like

Perhaps a Checkvist Manifesto 2023 before 2023 so users can share their plans for the future?