Suppress the "screen name" for notes on export?

Hi,
is there a way to supress the preceding “screen name” when exporting notes?

When I export a part of the list and inlcude the notes it says:

myscreenames’s note: this is the text of the note

When I am the only person who is working with this list it just clutters the exported text.

Thanks
Chris

Hi, sorry, this is not possible as for now. But you can probably use search/replace on the resulting text to remove those prefixes.

Would it work?

Thanks for your reply.
I think it would work but it wouldn’t be practical.

I use the [ex] serveral times a day and 98% of my lists are not shared. So doing a search and replace all the time wouldn’t be worth the extra step.

And just setting the screen name to “empty” would lead to an ugly -> 's note:

But I think an official feature request wouldn’t collect enough votes - so I think I will live with it for now.

Thanks
Chris

You could make use of the browser environment as a ‘fix’ for the missing feature, e. g. using a bookmarklet like this:

javascript:(function(){let exported=document.getElementById("exportedText");exported.innerHTML=exported.innerHTML.replaceAll(/^.*'s note: /gm, "");let range=document.createRange();range.selectNodeContents(exported);let sel=window.getSelection();sel.removeAllRanges();sel.addRange(range);document.getElementById("copy_button").click()})();

Your use case might require adaptation. Click on the bookmarklet instead of the copy button. In the end, @maxkir’s copy button is automatically used – it might have more intelligence than what I could add in a single JavaScript command.

1 Like

Hi,

On https://beta.checkvist.com I’ve replaced the username’s note: with Note: when the list is unshared. Does it feel better?

Cheers,
KIR

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestion/idea :slight_smile:

I tried it on two of my lists and it seems to work perfectly. YES, this does feel better. :+1:
I would appreciate if this change would find its way into the official version.

Thanks
Chris

1 Like