Request: Add a "Notes Only" sharing permission

I tried searching around and didn’t find a feature request quite like this. Apologies if I missed it somewhere.

Anyway, in addition to the existing sharing permission levels - owner, writer, and reader, I’d like to propose adding a commenter permission which only allows collaborators to add notes to existing tasks in a list. This would really help out for situations where I want to get feedback from collaborators, but do not want to allow them to edit any of my original tasks or notes.

Hello,

Better late than never, they say. My apologies.

I think the request you’re talking about is probably this one.

But, if you assign a task to a person, and share the list in read-only mode, this person will be able to add comments to the assigned task. You can assign several people to a task so they could comment.

Not sure if this will work in your case, but consider trying this out.

Best,

1 Like

Better late than never, they say. My apologies.

No worries!

if you assign a task to a person, and share the list in read-only mode, this person will be able to add comments to the assigned task. You can assign several people to a task so they could comment.

I love it when my feature requests have already been built and deployed! This is perfect. I just didn’t realize “read only” users would be able to comment. Thank you for clarifying for me.

1 Like