One Great feature I'have just discovered in Checkvist!

Hello ! Maybe the documentation already covered it but I randomly discovered a GREAT feature on android, that actually allow to fix a major issue for me with Checkvist on android :joy:

When you long-press the Checkvist Icon in order to add a shortcut on you phone Dashboard, you have the possibility to add a “normal Checkvist shortcut” or a “ADD A TASK” shortcut.

The second one looks new to me, isn’t it ?

It is Great since it allow a very Quick Task collection !

Hi, at some point we’ve added ‘tap-and-hold’ menu item for Checkvist mobile app which allows to open not the main app but a quick add page. Don’t remember when/if we announced it widely, glad you find it useful :slight_smile:

Best,

1 Like

@Thomas_Girard, can you share a screenshot of what you mean? When I long press the Checkvist icon, I get the Quick Add feature which was already there before. It would be cool to add a “Add a Task” shortcut to my home screen so I only have to tap once, but I don’t see that option.

Hello ! Here is a quick video recording on how to do it !

4 Likes

@Thomas_Girard That’s pretty cool! Thank you for recording the video so we can all understand what you meant. I now have a Quick Add button on my home screen. It would be even cooler if we could create several Quick Add buttons and have each one default to a different list. :smile:

Bug report: I did the quick add trick on my Android phone, and saw that I could include attachments. I included five attachments, and ended up with seven copies of the same item, shown here on Chrome:

Helllo ! I confirm. I did it to test. I received each time 2 Tasks with attachment instead of 1. (In my case 2 task and not 5). I have repeated the process twice and had the same issue twice.

Hello,

Thanks a lot for the report!
Looks like this issue is not a trivial one, will add it to our buglist to fix on mobile, will try to fix in the near future.

All the best and stay safe,

Hello @Thomas_Girard, @charliehamu

I hope I’ve fixed the issue when multiple items are created instead of one.
May I ask you to update the mobile app (it should ask for reload on opening), and try adding items with attachments? Would it work better this time?

Thank you!
KIR

Hello @maxkir, it works fine ! Tested twice. no bugs anymore.

Thanks !

1 Like

I feel stupid, but I cannot figure out how to get a CheckVist icon on my desktop. I can’t find CheckVist in the app store; the only way I can get a desktop icon is from within Chrome. That works, but it doesn’t have the long-press feature discussed above and, most important, doesn’t have a place in Android’s Share menu. What am I missing?

Charles, check the video recording I Have posted above, it should help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Charles_Heckscher,

We have a separate site/app for the mobile. Please see the details here: https://checkvist.com/auth/mobile

Hope this helps,

Thank you, Kiril! I’ve solved, it, but the procedure in the latest version of Android was different from those on the mobile web site. I loaded CheckVist from Chrome, went to the three-dot menu, and there’s a new command: “Install app” (instead of “Desktop site”). That lets me see the “Quick Add” on long-press and gives me an item in the Share menu.

1 Like