Hey all, I’ve been using Checkvist for over a year now and thought I’d share my feedback. As this post is mostly going to be focused on negatives - I’ll preface it by saying I love checkvist and couldn’t organise my head without it. I have pretty severe ADHD with a touch of OCD so making lists is a good way to channel my disorders into productivity.
- The ability to share a pinned portion of a list would be nice. I keep all my notes on a ‘master list’, but I often need to copy large chunks out to make public for other people. If I could link to a pinned section this would cut down a lot of superflous list making
- If you’re pasting code into the cell. It shouldn’t prompt you to ask if you want to make it multi-lined.
- The ability to use tab for 4 spaces would be appreciated. I normally end up having to copy 4 spaces and use them throughout when pasting code
- Searching is a bit clunky. I’ve realised I need to pin the result I’m after and then use the breadcrumbs to get to the heirarchy I need. But this took me a while to figure out.
- Self-hosted! I realise you guys need to make money. But I’d rather pay a one-off payment which let me self-host my checkvist and do regular commits to prevent me overwriting stuff.
My current implementation;