Looking for a quicker quick-add on mobile, also more universal

I want a minimal-friction Braintoss-like way to add items on the spur of the moment. I can classify and add due dates later. I just want a quick way to not forget something.

From my Android home screen, I’m one click or gesture to open the Checkvist app. If I’m lucky, I’m on the Lists screen, from where I can choose Quick add. If I’m lucky, the last list I added to was Unfiled, which is my “inbox” list. I can swipe-type or voice-type, hit enter and I’m done.

If I’m already on the Unfiled list, then I have to click (+) to add an item, but then I have to choose above, below, or subtask. I wish I had a big quick-add button there as well.

Meanwhile, on the Due list, where is where I like to spend most of my time, I don’t have any add options at all.

I wish I had a big quick-add-to-designated-inbox-list button at all times everywhere.

3 Likes

Hello @charliehamu,

Thanks for the suggestion. By the way, have you tried Braintoss + email-in-task integration for Checkvist - would it work for you?

Kind regards,

1 Like

Think I found a way to do this quicker quick-add on Android at least:

1. Use Lynkjet Browser (formerly Chromer)
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=arun.com.chromer&hl=en_US
  2. Load this Checkvist bookmarklet in Lynkjet
    https://checkvist.com/checklists/?add_popup=1
  3. Set Lynkjet to use Web heads and not close after web heads are clicked.
    Under Settings -> Browsing Mode and Settings -> Browsing Options

Lynkjet will ask for overlay permissions to display over other apps. This enables a web head using the bookmarklet that will close the overlay upon hitting “Add to list” but leave the web head as a quick add button over any running apps. You don’t even have to change your default browser. You can close the web head from the notification shade or drag it to the trash can whenever you want to clear the quick add, then just relaunch Lynkjet and go to the bookmarklet URL in Lynkjet’s Recent Pages whenever you want to enable the web head as a quick add button.

1 Like

Hmm. Did it. Might take some getting used to. I note, like several other options, that I have the frustration of needing an extra click in the text box to get a keyboard. And then yet another click to collapse the keyboard to get to the “Add to list” button.

Thanks! I play around with this some.

I tried this now (Braintoss - because I was also looking for an easy way to capture quick voice memos), and so far it seems to work decently. BUT it looks like it will not allow me multi-line add for some reason?
At least not when I want the following items to be sub-items.

Hello Don,

Thanks for the follow-up, I’m glad Checkvist works with Braintoss.
As far as I understand you integrated it via e-mail, i.e. subject becomes the list item and body becomes the note. How would you expect sub-items to work?

All the best,