How to close a task if not with Spacebar?

Hello friends,

There are multiple cases when Checkvist users unexpectedly close tasks when they did not intend to.

Quite often this happens with new users who get used to press Space when they want to scroll a page (which is the default behaviour in browser for the Spacebar).

We’re considering to introduce an option to disable Space shortcut to close/re-open tasks, but we struggle with ideas on what to use instead?

Shift+Space is currently used to invalidate tasks, variations like Alt+Space and Cmd+Space may be used to switch keyboard layout or invoke command palette in the operating system.

Do you see this as a problem? Any other ideas on how to solve it?

Please let us know,
KIR

2 Likes

Ctrl+Enter is a common shortcut to toggle task completion state in other apps.

3 Likes

Thanks, Michael,

You’re absolutely right. We’ve done some extra research and it looks like Cmd+Enter/Ctrl+Enter shortcut is a frequent choice. So we’ll add an option to use either Space or Ctrl+Enter for task completion.

Best,

1 Like

Hi,

We’ve added an option to use Ctrl+Enter instead of Space. Currently only on beta, testing.

Thanks,

2 Likes

I’ve encountered that problem on occasion; this is a good solution.

2 Likes

Hi,
tested and it works.
But this should remain only as an option.
I’m used to complete my tasks with the spacebar.
Cheers!
Jens

1 Like

Hi Jens,

Thanks for trying this! We will keep it as an option only and won’t change the default. No worries. We have many users who get used to the old Space shortcut, including ourselves :slight_smile:

Best,
KIR