Enhancing Flow in Sequential List Completion

The issue of “auto-closing when moving out the last child” reminds me of another thing: Flow when closing multiple, sequential tasks/branches.

Use case:

• I am working through a larger, hierarchical list from top to bottom, completing tasks with the “hide completed” setting enabled.
  • This is fun and fast because “hide completed” automatically advances to the next task. Thus, the commands are “complete,” “complete,” “complete,” etc.
  • However, there is an exception. When the last task of a branch is completed, auto-closing activates, and instead of selecting the next task, it selects the auto-closed parent.
  • Consequently, I need to press the down arrow to move to the next task.
  • The problem: If there were many tasks in the auto-closing branch, hiding/closing can take some time. Pressing the down arrow too soon results in selecting the top task instead of the next sequential task intended for completion.
  • This interruption breaks the flow.

Maybe there is an easy way to route the down arrow key press in a way that it proceeds to the next task.

Note that a similar issue arises with multiple selections (I understand it’s a different situation, but the disturbing effect of the same):

• If, in this use case, I select two or more consecutive tasks (using shift + down arrow) and complete them, no task remains selected. Pressing the down arrow then also selects the top task instead of the “next” task in sequence. Attempting to navigate back with g + left arrow won’t help because the tasks are closed and hidden.
  • Of course, in the general case of closing arbitrary multiple selections, “next” does not exist. What could I wish for? Maybe that the navigation behavior with “hide completed enabled” is very similar to the navigation behavior with “hide completed disabled.” Just without the hidden tasks.