Copyable notes with hyperlinks

Hi, I am trying to recreate multiple items with notes that have common elements that can be modified simultaneously by having the common elements being hyperlinked items. These notes are then to be copied to a text field in other software. While this seems to work when copying the note text to other text fields carriage returns are inserted in before and after the hyperlinked components. For example, if the text of the comment in the item of the below screenshot item…

is pasted to a text editor you get:

I would like to recreate template notes to be copied to other text fields by choosing from a list of
common elements
. While this seems to work when copying the note text to other text fields carriage returns are inserted in before and after hyperlinked components.

I know this is a very specific application of Checkvist but I was wondering if there was a way around this so that the text could be copy and pasted without the carriage returns.

Cheers,
Nigel.

Hello @Nigel,

I see the problem, I’ve managed to reproduce it. I’ll take a look what can be done here and will let you know.

Kind regards,

I’m afraid I don’t see a way to overcome this. Browser inserts line break when copying selected HTML text which has links. If you export a list item in Markdown format (ex shortcut), the line break won’t be inserted, but in this case, links are kept in the text in Markdown format, and this is probably not what you want.

Sorry, not much help here,
KIR

Thank you. I really appreciate you looking into it for me.

1 Like

For anyone else interested in this I think I have found a way of getting rid of the surplus carriage returns (without pasting the text into a intermediary text editor) by a series of hotkeys that copies and pastes the text to the browser address bar (that ignores carriage returns) and then copies it from there back to the clipboard as per
windows - Paste as plain text, but also remove any new-line and carriage return characters - Super User.
I expect I will be able to reduce this to a single hotkey using Autohotkey.

1 Like