Convert from Trello to CheckVist?

I have an old Trello board I’d like to bring in to CheckVist. Trello seems to export only to JSON; CheckVist imports only OPML; and I can’t find a converter that works. Is there any solution?

Dear Charles,

Glad to hear from you!

Unfortunately, I’m not aware of any existing solutions which would allow converting of Trello JSON to Checkvist OPML. Checkvist can import data from Workflowy/Dynalist, but those are outliners, so data structure in them is similar to Checkvist’s.

So far I’ve added this request to UserVoice here: Import/convert from Trello to Checkvist – Checkvist issues, bugs, features

This request would be much more important if Checkvist would have a real Kanban board view, but it is not, yet. And probably due to this lack of board support I don’t recall anyone asking for such conversion before.

Sorry, not much help here.
KIR

P.S. Happy New Year :slight_smile:

Did you try this Chrome extension? I don‘t know it myself, but it looks as if it could provide what you are looking for.

1 Like

Thanks, Kiril. Fortunately, this is not a critical problem - it would like to consolidate one or two old Trello boards into CheckVist, which has become the central coordinating tool for all my activities, but it’s not essential.

Soremo’s suggestion - the TrelloExport extension - sort of works: it didn’t bring over the Trello comments, but it may be good enough.

2 Likes

Thanks, Soremo! That doesn’t completely work - it doesn’t bring over the Trello Comments - but it may be good enough for what I need. I appreciate the help.

Charles Heckscher

1 Like