Checkvist got true breadcrumbs

The first server update in this year, and the first topic in this forum :slight_smile:

What do you think? Well, probably we have to invite our users to this forum first :wink:

2 Likes

Breadcrumbs is great! Thanks a lot!

Have you considered to show breadcrumbs even in distraction free mode (om)? Or, maybe, turn it in a configuration setting?

Thanks, glad you like it!

We thought about it and decided to hide breadcrumbs there. May be if we show them there it wonā€™t be the true distraction free mode :wink:

You can always toggle om to see them, right?

Hello, Francisco,

It was itching to try, so I tried :slight_smile:
The ā€˜collapsedā€™ breadcrumbs are OK for the ā€˜zen modeā€™, I think

but when we expand the breadcrumbsā€¦ Iā€™d agree with Kir, that becomes a bit too much, donā€™t you think?

Anyway, thanks for the idea!

Thanks for your reply. :grinning:

Yeah, you are right, it isnā€™t a good fit for the ā€œzen modeā€. Anyway, itā€™s really fast to toggle via om.

Congrats for your great product! Iā€™ve been using it for a few months now and really appreciate it a lot.

Best regards!

2 Likes

Another use of Zen mode would be for giving presentations. Then, displaying the context via breadcrumbs would be a nice option. (E.g. when someone wants to follow the presentation again after checking the social status. :slight_smile:)

For presentations, I have not tried that. Do you think this is a viable option we should target for? I havenā€™t tried making presentations directly from Checkvist, though focus/unfocus can be used for that. But I donā€™t quite see how breadcrumbs would help presenter in this case, besides reminding the audience the name of the talk :slight_smile:

The use for (small) presentations could be improved. I wouldnā€™t stretch, though. Only whatā€™s totally in line with Checkvist.

With the proper list structure (at least 2 levels), breadcrumbs help to show where you are. More about the presentation topic via email.

1 Like

Note: Modifiers [], [1], and [*] that are prefixes to the task text and automatically hidden, are shown in the breadcrumb.

Thanks for noticing, will fix :slight_smile:

Should be fixed on https://beta.checkvist.com

Confirmed, thanks.

Side note 1: While testing the fix, I noticed for the first time that Shift + Right Arrow at the topmost task acts like Shift + Left Arrow. At first, I was confused. But itā€™s nice as a ā€œquick peekā€ into the subtasks.

Side note 2: While exploring side note 1, I noticed a little inconsistency about the ā€œopen stateā€ of subtasks when focussing and going back. At least I think there is. Will follow up on that.

Regarding the side note 1 - it was made intentionally, i.e. shift+right works as a toggle when the same node is selected. As you noticed, can be useful sometimes.

About inconsistency - please give some more details :slight_smile:

Thanks for the testing, all the resent fixes are on https://checkvist.com already