Add hyperlink ctrl-k behaviour regression | external hyperlink support being lost

Hi @maxkir,

Correct me if I’m mistaken but I’m afraid there is a problem in the ctrl-k shortcut behaviour.

Currently it seems to work only on nodes with internal links already. When I try to use the hyperlink menu option and shortcut on a node without a hyperlink I don’t get a popup window dialog to enter a custom URL (the expected behaviour). It does nothing.

I verified for the same behaviour in both Google Chrome (Linux) and Firefox (Linux).

Hope you are able to solve (or clarify) this issue soon as always.

Best regards,

Carlos Gomez

It works for me on Edge on Windows 10.

Thanks for the feedback @Michael_Durland.

I installed Microsoft Edge (Linux) and oddly enough it does not work either. It may be a Linux specific issue but the ctrl-k combination is used in several other application and it works just fine in Google Suite (Gdocs and Gsheets) and Freeplane (Mind Mapping desktop app).

Hope it’s nothing serious :grimacing: @maxkir @sashka

Hello @cgomezdr,

Ctrl+k currently works in the navigation mode only when an item already has a hyperlink. Actually, this support for ctrl+k is a new behaviour. We did not implement this for nodes without links, as a list item could be really big, multiline and we’re not sure how to make the the behaviour predictable.
What do you think?

As before, you should be able to use ctrl+k after you enter the edit mode with ‘ee’ shortcut. Hope, this one still works for you.

All the best,
KIR

1 Like

Hi @maxkir

Thank you for the clarification. I’m not always aware that checkvist uses a modal interface like VIM :sweat_smile:. Indeed switching to the Edit mode with ee and then ctrl-k works fine for me :slight_smile: .

Thank you for the quick reply.

Best regards,

Carlos Gomez

1 Like