A mini List of Lists in a sidebar "drawer"?

I like Checkvist a lot! I would find it useful to have a mini list of lists in a left-hand sidebar. I don’t need all the list details, but I use one list per Big Project, and so it’s a reminder to see all the Big Projects. Maybe something like this, even in a hack, already exists?

1 Like

Hello @nutellacrepe ,

Thank you for the kind words! To quickly switch to another list you can use ll keyboard shortcut. Have you tried it? Checkvist is keyboard-oriented, so we try to keep such features on fingertips.

Kind regards,

I’m the past I’ve thought I might like something similar. But then I realized you can add a #tag to the List Name in order to group lists in your List View. 90% of the time, using “ll” to jump to a new list is sufficient, but in the event you do want to get a Birds Eye view of your Active Projects, you have it right there in the List View.

If you still feel the itch to have it always visible, you can download a browser like Arc (for Mac) or Opera (Mac & Windows) that allows you to view multiple tabs in Split View, and you could have your List View on one side and your active list on the other.

2 Likes

Thanks for the two suggestions. I tried Arc – looks very interesting! I find I still have a tendency to want to click in the “Visible Master List” and so the sublist opens in the left tab, and then I lose the visibility of the master list, I’m not sure if your suggestion means a) the master list is visible but I don’t click in it b) I set it up to open all clicks from the left-hand tab, in the right-hand tab.

I think I could use #tag more effectively, for things I call “projects”.

But I still wish for a left-hand list of projects. :smiley: